Subject: Re: [patch] use poll when available on blocking API

Re: [patch] use poll when available on blocking API

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:22:17 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Even fairly modern Mac OS X machines have broken poll(), and I'm not even
> sure the most modern ones have that fixed. We did have an Apple guy educate
> us on these matters within the curl project which made us use that
> pattern...

In other words, I think I did the pattern matching wrong. I copied it from
curl's configure.ac but apparently that has a different variable checked.
Maybe we should just use "*darwin*|*interix*)" to play safe?

BTW http://lists.apple.com/archives/Darwin-userlevel/2009/Dec/msg00004.html
seems to indicate that Mac OS X still has a broken poll as of 10.5.8 which I
believe is rather recent.