Subject: Re: libssh2 master 9ea5b06... Add global init/exit points, to do crypto initialization in one place.

Re: libssh2 master 9ea5b06... Add global init/exit points, to do crypto initialization in one place.

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:30:47 +0100

libssh2_at_git.stuge.se wrote:
> +void
> +libssh2_md5(const unsigned char *message, unsigned long len,
> + unsigned char *out)
> +{
> + EVP_MD_CTX ctx;
> +
> + EVP_DigestInit(&ctx, EVP_get_digestbyname("md5"));
> + EVP_DigestUpdate(&ctx, message, len);
> + EVP_DigestFinal(&ctx, out, NULL);
> +}

Guys, MD5 is not required for SSH so it MUST NOT be required for
libssh2!

I'm quite annoyed with some of these changes from Lars that have been
committed in a hurry.

Don't get me wrong - we must make libssh2 work also for Lars, but we
should remember that his requirements seem to be fairly specialized
and I do not think it is acceptable for libssh2 to be optimized for,
or assume, such situations.