Subject: Re: libssh2 master 9ea5b06... Add global init/exit points, to do crypto initialization in one place.

Re: libssh2 master 9ea5b06... Add global init/exit points, to do crypto initialization in one place.

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:48:47 +0100

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:38, Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org> wrote:

>> Just a reminder: use the --author switch to git commit when you commit
>> someone else's patch as then git will keep that meta data correctly
>> for us!
>
> Oops!  Will try to remember next time.  I was a bit unsure whether to
> commit his work directly, and then make it work in later commits, or
> make it work directly and commit in one go.  Now the result was a mix of
> both approaches, I committed a modified version of Lars patch and then
> made more changes to it...
>
> I guess the preferred approach would be to commit his patch as-is with
> --author and the fix it in later commits?

You can also use --signoff="you yourself <your_at_mail>" in addition to
--author (at least with any reasonably new git version).

And you can also fix it after the fact, e.g.

 git commit -m"Commit message"
 oops, forgot..
 git commit --amend --author=....etc

which will fix the last commit. Just like any amend it should only be
done before it's been pushed (if you do changes to your own clone, and
then push), or at least before anyone has got a chance to pull from
it.

-Tor