Subject: Re: libssh2 master 9ea5b06... Add global init/exit points, to do crypto initialization in one place.

Re: libssh2 master 9ea5b06... Add global init/exit points, to do crypto initialization in one place.

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:38:37 +0100

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> writes:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, libssh2_at_git.stuge.se wrote:
>
>> Author: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
>> Commit: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
>>
>> Add global init/exit points, to do crypto initialization in one place.
>>
>> By Lars Nordin.
>
> Just a reminder: use the --author switch to git commit when you commit
> someone else's patch as then git will keep that meta data correctly
> for us!

Oops! Will try to remember next time. I was a bit unsure whether to
commit his work directly, and then make it work in later commits, or
make it work directly and commit in one go. Now the result was a mix of
both approaches, I committed a modified version of Lars patch and then
made more changes to it...

I guess the preferred approach would be to commit his patch as-is with
--author and the fix it in later commits?

/Simon