Subject: Re: Greetings and a quick note about licening issuse in the Makefile.win32 in 1.2.4

Re: Greetings and a quick note about licening issuse in the Makefile.win32 in 1.2.4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:36:38 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010, C Johnson wrote:

> Greetings all. I'm C Johnson. I have recently gotten involved with libssh2
> in the Win32 arena - specifically porting the headers to Delphi.
>
> I'm not sure if the Libssh2 group itself will want to include the translated
> headers as part of the official distro, but once I'm done porting all the
> demos apps and finished my testing, I would definitely be willing to make
> them available - increasing the reach of libssh2 even further.

Surely that qualifies as a "library binding" ? I don't think adding bindings
into the core libssh2 source tree is necessary or even a very good idea. I
rather think bindings are rather suitable for being separate from the core
libssh2 project.

> I did, however, find one problem with the win32\Makefile.win32 - it lists
> the license as GPL, and the website lists the license as modified BSD.

Oh right, I've pushed a fix for this now.

> While I am on the topic of licensing, I found it to be very difficult to
> track down clear information about the license in either the source tarball
> or the website itself.

In the tarballs it is mentioned in the README and the full license is in the
COPYING file, both in the root dir.

The info is indeed missing on the site. I'll add a prominent link somewhere on
the front page!

> Again, greetings to all, and I hope to become a more active member of the
> community as time grows.

Nice, you're most welcome!