Subject: Re: so name bump; impact on major, minor and patch version

Re: so name bump; impact on major, minor and patch version

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 20:21:53 +0100

Jose Baars wrote:
> I had a discussion with some VMS people about this,
> http://encompasserve.org/anon/htnotes/range?f1=PORTING_TO_VMS&f2=46.*&f4=t

..

> I am not going to bother the libssh2 people with that problem, this
> is a VMS specific problem.

Even if this problem has not been seen by us before, at least I am
quite open to making libssh2 a better VMS citizen.

However, it will require some education of us unix guys without
strong VMS background. I know next to nothing about VMS so far, but
if we can make changes to libssh2 code or development practice to fit
better into VMS then I think those changes should be considered very
carefully.

The overall goal is that libssh2 should be very portable. That means
we love VMS too. :)