Subject: Re: IPv6 Support Query

Re: IPv6 Support Query

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:29:51 +0100

Kumar, Ashish wrote:
> On the contrary , I am easily able to login using putty using same
> user password which I have used in the code .

Do you get any error messages on the server side when your libssh2
client is trying to log in?

> I am sorry for being bit elaborate ,

Elaborate can be good, depending on what you say. :) I didn't quite
get how the communication looked between server and client, it would
be helpful if you enable transport layer tracing in libssh2 and send
the full log to the list.

> but please help me identifying my issue . I am even attaching a
> small screen-shot for your reference .

You should keep in mind that most if not all libssh2 developers are
not primarily working on Windows platforms. Especially in open source
communities it is strongly frowned upon to use Microsoft Word
documents. (Because it is a proprietary file format, which makes it
difficult to open, and because it is an unneccessary extra step for
readers.) If you wish to send a screenshot to the mailing list then
please attach the image file as is, or upload it to a web server and
include a link to it in your message.

But the most useful information is the libssh2 trace from when you
see the problem, as well as full debug messages from the server that
your application tries to log in to. (Note that you may need to
rebuild libssh2 with debugging enabled for tracing to actually work.)

A wild guess is that your server requires keyboard-interactive
authentication and not the password method. kbdint can be used also
for passwords so it is not easy to see which method is being used
unless you look at protocol level messages or the server debug
output.