Subject: RE: libss2 debug level

RE: libss2 debug level

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:03:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Xu, Qiang (FXSGSC) wrote:

> Just found out the bitmasks are defined in "include/libssh2.h":

We do have man pages you know... They're even accessible as web pages on our
web site.

> My problem is the excutable compiled under "example/simple/" doesn't work:
> qxu_at_durian(pts/2):~/opensrc/libssh2-1.2/example/simple[132]$ ./sftp 13.198.98.190 qxu fair123
> Fingerprint: 0B F2 D3 94 9D 0F 75 BE 69 15 33 42 B8 0D 88 CA
> Authentication methods: publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password
> libssh2_sftp_init()!
> Unable to init SFTP session
> all done

Then I figure a first thing to figure out is why this fails!

> I don't know which link in the whole process goes wrong. Must I add the call
> of libssh2_trace(), with appropriate bitmask, to every suspicious location?

No, you call it once to set the debug output level from that moment and
onwards.

> Since I am not familiar with the code, that task seems insurmountable.

It does require that you read up and get familiar with parts of the code, yes.
I expect developers to have that ability.

If that is out of the question, you either sit back and hope that someone else
does the job for you or you pay someone else to do it.

> Is there some run-time command to let me get maximum debug output before run
> the sftp session?

libssh2_trace()