Subject: ifdef in Makefile.inc?

ifdef in Makefile.inc?

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:22:39 +0200

Bootstrapping libssh2 results in automake errors:

src/../Makefile.inc:7: else without if
src/Makefile.am:5: `src/../Makefile.inc' included from here
src/../Makefile.inc:9: endif without if
src/Makefile.am:5: `src/../Makefile.inc' included from here
Makefile.inc:7: else without if
Makefile.am:74: `Makefile.inc' included from here
Makefile.inc:9: endif without if
Makefile.am:74: `Makefile.inc' included from here
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

As far as I know, 'ifdef' is not permitted in automake makefiles.

I'm not able to build libssh2 without this patch to Makefile.inc:

-ifdef LIBGCRYPT
+if LIBGCRYPT

However I see a recent commit that changed this the other way:

http://git.libssh2.org/?p=libssh2.git;a=commitdiff;h=536443246ed7d5cce45fbef253bc7c5202696e45

How do we make things work?

/Simon