Subject: ANNOUCE: libssh2 1.2

ANNOUCE: libssh2 1.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:44:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends,

I'm happy to announce that libssh2 1.2 is now available for download from:

         http://www.libssh2.org/

This release includes the following changes:

  o we've switched to using git for source code control
  o the libssh2-devel mailing list moved to http://cool.haxx.se/
  o libssh2_poll() and libssh2_poll_channel_read() are now deprecated
  o a range of libssh2_knownhost_*() functions were added to the API to work
    with OpenSSH style known_hosts files etc
  o added libssh2_session_hostkey()
  o added an X11 forwarding example
  o the makefile now generate MSVS project files

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o bad 0-return from libssh2_channel_read
  o failure to "drain" the transport data caused badness
  o memory leak in libssh2_sftp_shutdown()
  o fixed stroll() #if condition
  o build thread-safe on Solaris
  o error when including libssh2.h in two files on Windows fixed
  o custom memory function extra argument was wrong
  o transport now checks for and bail out on packets claing to be zero sized
  o fixed a number of compiler warnings
  o buildconf runs on Mac OS X
  o public headers includable on their own
  o bad debugdump() caused SIGSEGV at times (when libssh2_trace() was used)
  o possible data loss when send_existing() failed to send its buffer
  o passing FILE*s across DLL boundaries (OpenSSL) caused crashes on Windows

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

  Simon Josefsson, Neil Gierman, Alexander Lamaison, Peter Stuge,
  Steven Van Ingelgem, Ben Kibbey, Francois Dupoux, Mark McPherson,
  Guenter Knauf, Yang Tse, Tor Arntsen, Jussi Mononen, Olivier Hervieu,
  Paul Veldkamp

         Thanks! (and sorry if I forgot to mention someone)