Subject: Re: Windows issues with latest snapshot

Re: Windows issues with latest snapshot

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:01:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009, Neil Gierman wrote:

> I am using Visual Studio 2008 so my _MSC_VER is 1500 but ssize_t is not
> defined.

Isn't it enough to raise the check at line 74 to be <= 1500 instead of 1400?
It seems odd to duplicate that section.

> Now I have an issue with the new hostkey stuff. When I try to compile I get:

Let me just point out that only one of the two functions you mention is new.
The libssh2_hostkey_hash() one is old.

> 1>c:\users\giermang\new\libssh2-1.1\src\hostkey.c(445) : error C2491:
> 'libssh2_hostkey_hash' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
>
> 1>c:\users\giermang\new\libssh2-1.1\src\hostkey.c(468) : error C2491:
> 'libssh2_session_hostkey' : definition of dllimport function not allowed

I don't even understand what this means. How are these functions different
than all the other functions libssh2 have marked with LIBSSH2_API to be part
of its API/ABI ?