Subject: RE: libssh2_knownhost_*

RE: libssh2_knownhost_*

From: Neil Gierman <ngierman_at_roadrunn.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:53:37 -0500

> From: Alexander Lamaison [mailto:swish_at_lammy.co.uk]
> Oh dear. That's a shame :( I had a look at this article
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235460.aspx and it says the
> problem only occurs when libssh2 or its client is linked to the CRT
> statically (/MT). Although I imagine this is uncommon, I don't think
> it would be good to forbid this (unless, of course, we already do?).

I actually do link the CRT statically (so I can be sure that everything the
user needs is in the single binary that I distribute). While right now I am
not using known_hosts and can't see right now my application needing
known_hosts, I wouldn't want this implementation to prevent me from adding
that in the future.

Neil