Subject: Re: RE : RE : For the interested ones : libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfileandlibssh2_userauth_hostbased_fro mfile with no need of the publickeyfile

Re: RE : RE : For the interested ones : libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfileandlibssh2_userauth_hostbased_fro mfile with no need of the publickeyfile

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:53:04 +0100

Alexander Lamaison wrote:
> >> Remember, that I'm new to libssh2.
> >
> > Please don't hide behind that. If you want to produce really
> > great patches you can
>
> Perhaps a little harsh. None of the rest of us bothered to write
> this code and Jean-Louis did. We should appreciate that.

And I do! A new contributor in the project is also great!

Jean-Louis, I am truly sorry if my attitude made you feel unwelcome!
I very much appreciate your contribution to libssh2! :)

> I, for one, am very glad this feature will soon be in libssh2.

But it might not be, unless someone actually does perform whatever
cleanup is neccessary. Maybe none is needed, but the original post
sounded like "someone else has to look into this because I am new so
I don't know any better" and that's what I reacted to. I think every
one of us is better than that, and for me it is what open source is
all about. Sure, baby steps, no doubt, but still.