Subject: libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile and the public key file parameter

libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile and the public key file parameter

From: Jean-Louis CHARTON <Jean-Louis.CHARTON_at_oikialog.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:08:46 +0100

Hi,

I have already asked the following question on the IRC channel but had
no reply.

I'm pretty sure the publickey file is not necessary at the client side
to successfully authenticate to an SSH server and that the private key
would be sufficient.
And indeed, this is the way I use openssh ssh client command or sftp
client: both command successfully authenticate with just a private key
file; I don't have to specify them any public key file (however, of
course, the public key file is installed at the server side).

So could it be possible to make libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile()
function work with the pubkeyfile parameter set to NULL ?

Thanks,

J-L