Subject: [libssh2] [ libssh2-Bugs-1875397 ] libssh2_channel_get_exit_status should not fail with 0

[libssh2] [ libssh2-Bugs-1875397 ] libssh2_channel_get_exit_status should not fail with 0

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:40:58 -0800

Bugs item #1875397, was opened at 2008-01-19 12:40
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=703942&aid=1875397&group_id=125852

not just the latest update.
Category: API
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When using libssh2_channel_get_exit_status to check the return code of an exec'ed process it returns 0 on failure. The problem is most applications and scripts will return 0 on success. I think tht if libssh2_channel_get_exit_status has a failure it should return -1, or some other value that wouldn't be confused with the exec'ed process' return code. I think if we at least stay away from 0 and 1 that would be a good start.