Subject: Re: [libssh2] How do you create a .so under linux?

Re: [libssh2] How do you create a .so under linux?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:49:37 -0800

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 01:28:58PM -0500, Paul Thomas wrote:
> I give up. Could anyone tell me how to compile libssh2 into a .so file
> under Linux? I can't find any documentation on it and am blindly
> running commands.
>
> ./buildconf
> ./configure
> make
>
> Seemed to at least get me close, but I get tons of compiler errors.

That should be all you need, but you shouldn't be seeing any compiler errors.
That could be what's preventing it from working. What kind of errors are you
seeing?

If you're compiling from a release tar ball, then you don't to run buildconf--
that could cause problems. Also, the .so files that are generated by libtool
via make will be in a hidden directory. You need to run 'make install' to
install them into their proper places in your filesystem.

>>> Dan