Subject: Re: [libssh2] looking for memory leak

Re: [libssh2] looking for memory leak

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:16:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, roberto pulvirenti wrote:

> Have you ever used valgrind or any other similar tool for detecting memory
> leak on the last release of libssh2?

Yes. I've used valgrind on it on occasion.

> Your experience, if positive (even if on other operating system/compiler),
> could give me enough confidence that libssh2 is a good choice.

libssh2 is still not very widely used and lots of changes have been done in it
during the last year so there's of course a risk that there are remaining
problems and leaks in there. The library has a rather extensive API so various
applications are likely to use it in new and different ways that might provoke
different problems.

But as this is open source, everyone is free and invited to dive in and fix
and improve.