Subject: Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.16 hanging on scp copy

Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.16 hanging on scp copy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 00:54:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

> Ok, I can repeat fairly simply on this Fedora Core 6 machine also.

Me too, and I'll offer what I've learned so far (no fix yet but I'll continue
tomorrow):

src/transport.c:311

   This is wrong. It checks if amount of already read data is less than
   'minimum' and if so it reads more. In my case, I can get it to reach there
   in the middle of a transfer with 'remainbuf' to be 4 and 'minimum' to be 4
   as well. (Thus, the following block is not executed.)

src/transport.c:353

   Following the block above, the code is now supposed to decrypt data. First
   it checks that it has at least a full block so that it can decrypt it...
   And what do you know? 'numbytes' is 4 and 'blocksize' is 16, so it returns
   PACKET_EAGAIN instead.

... and then it all loops again since the socket is still readable with more
data, but the checks don't allow data to get read!