Subject: Re: [libssh2] preprocessor warning with LIBSSH2_APINO

Re: [libssh2] preprocessor warning with LIBSSH2_APINO

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:01:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> as we slowly realize it seems that half of the platforms and compilers have
> this proplem.... we know now for sure that the LIBSSH2_APINO is bogus; so I
> vote for an immediate removal of it

It gets my vote too. We should do things backwards compatible as far as
possible anyway, and if we break the ABI we bump the soname. (but this should
be rare)

Rather than using *APINO, we should document when certain minor things change
or are fixed so that applications can use our (new) version #defines to check
for specific versions that work or not work etc.