Subject: Re: [libssh2] introducing maketgz

Re: [libssh2] introducing maketgz

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:15:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Dan Fandrich wrote:

>> 1) for pre-C99 compilers we set a fixed max amount of file descriptors
>> (like 256 or so)
>
> How about using alloca(3) where available? That would give the best of both
> worlds (dynamic sizing and better portability).

Right, the approaches would rather be:

1) use alloca() on the systems that have it

and

2) use the 256 fixed maximum on those without alloca()

Is there C99 systems without alloca() (windows?) ? If so it would probably
make sense with option...

3) use the current approach for C99 compilers without alloca() ...

Or is it over-complicated with little gain?