Subject: Re: [libssh2] introducing maketgz

Re: [libssh2] introducing maketgz

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:15:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> not in the mood to make a 0.16.0 test release, smile??
>
> well, I think we should really start to make more often releases; that makes
> it also easier to track down bugs, and easier for the users to report bugs
> correctly....
>
> in addition I think we should increase LIBSSH2_APINO to reflect the recent
> changes with the error returns...

I'm all for doing frequent releases.

I don't think we need to do test releases though since we have daily snapshots
for everyone to test and they are produced the _exact_ same way a release is
done.

Regarding the APINO stuff, I am as I've said before not happy with the concept
to start with as I believe the API and ABI should remain *fixed* until changed
and when changed we should bump the soname number in the generated lib. Also,
the use of the >32 bit number for the APINO define is broken as we've already
concluded.

Finally, I want the next release to be version 1.0 to end the sub zero release
series as I believe libssh2 is quite usable as it currently works.