Subject: Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 03:35:32 +0200

Hi Paul,
> Alright, you should find the ssh account details in your inbox. I'll be
> interested to hear your results.
the problem is that your box doesnt support the 'password' method which was the hardcoded default with ssh2.c. I've now modified ssh2.c so that it gets the list of supported auth methods, and depending on that it selects:
password
keyboard-interactive
public-key

in this order if the ssh server supports them;
so with your server the ssh2 sample should then use 'keyboard-interactive'.
You can also force these methods with a 4. argument:
ssh2 123.45.67.8 testuser testpass -p (password)
ssh2 123.45.67.8 testuser testpass -i (keyboard-interactive)
ssh2 123.45.67.8 testuser testpass -k (public-key)

please update from CVS, and try again if you can now authenticate; for me it works now also with those boxes where I could see same issue before as you saw. Remember to use the ip, and no hostname.

greets, Guen.