Subject: Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

From: James Housley <jim_at_thehousleys.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:56:57 -0400

On Jul 19, 2007, at 8:40 PM, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>> I don't know how the keyboard-interactive works. But looking through
>> the code, the call back function is passed an array of prompts and
>> must return an array of answers.
>
> I've cloned the related part from curl;
> the attached version works now with both password and keyboard-
> interactive (public key not tested yet);
> probably a stupid implementation, but couldnt yet come up with
> something better in my limited time.
>
> what do you think? should I check this in? Or do you have a better
> idea?
>
> greets, Guen.
>
> <ssh2.c>

Couple of comments. I would think that public key should be used
before password. Your if (auth_pw ... ) chain has a potential
problem. If password auth is supported and fails, the other methods
won't be tried, even if they might succeed. Other then that it looks
good.

Jim

--
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .