Subject: Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

From: Paul Thomas <thomaspu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:37:52 -0400

Nope, that doesn't work either. There are not any firewalls blocking me, I
have direct access to the computer I'm trying to connect to. Both of them
are on the same 192.168.5.x network.

What version of openssh does your linux box run that you are connecting too?
Mine's using openssh-4.5_p1-r1. And what distro and release are you running?
Redhat? Mandriva? Suse? *buntu? And what version?

Whatever is keeping me from authenticating is not the network, otherwise I
would not be able to ssh with another client to the same machine with the
same username and same password. Its got to be a difference between our
configurations.

I've got a better idea. Let me setup a restricted ssh account on my box so
you can see if it still works from your side. I've just verified from
another friend of mine external to my network that he can ssh in just fine
with the user and IP/hostname. I'm going to send the login stuff to you in a
separate email, since I'd rather not have a flood of people trying to ssh
into my box.

Paul