Subject: Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

From: Paul Thomas <thomaspu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:46:45 -0400

The sample file under MSVS 2005 prints:

_MSC_VER_ = 1400
_WIN32 = 1

...So the two typdef'd items need to be in there ;p

As far as needing each example in its own project, that would be required.
However in VS 2005 you can create one solution with multiple projects under
it. I'm not sure, but that sounds similar to VS6's workspace and projects (I
used VS6 long ago for a short time, didn't much care for it). One workspace
which holds multiple projects? Then you just build the solution/workspace
and all samples are built.

I did not try building the project via nmake on the command line. I'd
imagine that Visual Studio will take its project and create a makefile from
it before compiling anyways.

The DLL that was created from either the 0.15 or last nights CVS version
both compile, link and are usable in both debug and release formats... with
the exception of my authentication problem.

>From my side, I was trying to connect with the library from my windowsXP
laptop to my remote Linux system (runs openssl as the ssh server). I also
tried from on the server to itself without any luck. I tried the remote
server by both hostname and IP.

Paul