Subject: [libssh2] Do we need libssh2_*_pending()?

[libssh2] Do we need libssh2_*_pending()?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:35:04 +0100 (CET)

Hey

With my recent fixes we use a 4K internal buffer for recv()ing data from the
network. This means we might in fact have data pending internally after
libssh2_sftp_read() or libssh2_channel_read() have been used.

This is not a problem in itself, but libssh2 didn't use to behave like this so
an existing application may then wrongfully go back and wait for more data
using select() or similar, when in fact libssh2 already have more data to
deliver.

In OpenSSL they have a SSL_pending() call for exactly this purpose, and I'm
thinking we could indeed provide libssh2_sftp_pending() and
libssh2_channel_pending() ?