Subject: Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

From: Mononen Jussi <Jussi.Mononen_at_comptel.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:02:02 +0200

>> > I thought this was only about the disk-format, does it
>> affect the wire
>> > format also? I'd assume that the protocol clearly specified the
>> > format of public keys on the wire.
>> >
>> The format of the blob which is sent over the wire is fixed and well
>> defined. It's basicly the base64 decode version of the meaningful
>> portion of either file (hence my earlier example using the
>> same base64
>> sequence in both versions).

Exactly, current version of libssh2 does not know how to extract SECSH
blob from the key file. Although it is not very important feature to
recognise SECSH files it is a very trivial addition and can help the end
user a lot (user may skip converting the keys from one format to
another).

I've had some problems with commercial SSH servers regarding pubkey
authentication and due to customers strict policies I can not set up my
own instance of their server leaving me in a quite awkward position
debugging-wise. This addition is a one of my shots to the dark, since I
am getting "Username/PublicKey combination invalid" without any
explanation from the server why.

If this feature seems to be useless from the majority point of view it
does not have to be included.

br,

/jUSSi

--
perl -e '$@=[[0,0112,0,0],[0,0101,0,0],
[0,0120,0,0],[0,0110,0,0]];$[=256/8-0x1D;