Subject: Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

From: Mononen Jussi <Jussi.Mononen_at_comptel.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:15:09 +0200

No problem, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4716.txt

>> It may be that implementing supporting for that format is easier than
>> reading PEM files, and if it is easy to use SECSH keys with OpenSSH,
>> that seems like a better solution. I might implement that instead of
>> PEM file reading, or we could work together on that.
>>
>> > I have also been wondering whether libssh2 will ever catch the RFC
>> > track? At least the early versions of libssh2 were based
>> on internet
>> > drafts and quite many of those drafts are now RFC's
>> >
>> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=show
>> _wg_id&id=1
>> > 259). As OpenSSH is the main target for compatbility I can
>> understand
>> > that there is real pressure but still it would be nice to be fully
>> > standard compliant (at least in the roadmap if not anywhere else).
>>
>> Well, I'd like to see that too, but can't speak for others.
>> It is not
>> clear to me what is missing though. What isn't working according to
>> the RFC?

Can't tell the exact list, but the key format is one. There propably is
not much that is not standard conforming, more likely the standard is
more versatile and capable than the current libssh2 implementation. This
is something that needs quite much studying since the whole SECSH
document set is large. So my question transforms into "Who will check
how conformant libssh2 actually is?".

br,

/jUSSi

--
perl -e '$@=[[0,0112,0,0],[0,0101,0,0],
[0,0120,0,0],[0,0110,0,0]];$[=256/8-0x1D;