Subject: [libssh2] libssh2_userauth_keyboard_interactive_ex()

[libssh2] libssh2_userauth_keyboard_interactive_ex()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 17:27:20 +0100 (CET)

Hello

In libcurl we use the libssh2_userauth_keyboard_interactive_ex() function to
provide a password as if it was coming from the keyboard.

I'm not an expert on this, but it seems we have to assign two struct members
in one of the structs passed to the callback.

The problem here is that the data we need to provide is kept in a local struct
(as we can do multiple simultaneous transfers), and there's no way we can
access that local data from within the callback. We need a custom private
pointer passed to the callback from the context where we call the libssh2
function call, so that we can pass a pointer to a our private struct that has
the info we need in there...

So, here's another suggest API break: I want to add a pointer to the proto for
this function. A user pointer and I want that pointer passed on to the
callback function in a new argument.

Comments on this?