Subject: Re: [libssh2] Introduction, plans, and some pkg-config problems

Re: [libssh2] Introduction, plans, and some pkg-config problems

From: Sara Golemon <pollita_at_libssh2.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:02:19 -0800

> My intention is to build an abstraction layer, and have it be used
> everywhere in libssh2. Btw, libgcrypt is not licensed under GPL and
> doesn't have its viral habits. In any case, I believe whether to use
> OpenSSL or libgcrypt should be up to the user. Is this an acceptable
> approach?

Oh good, I'm not sure where I got that impression about libgcrypt then.
  But in either case, yes. I'm all for that approach, the more choice
the end-user has the better.

> Has anyone had a chance to look at my patch to fix the first problem
> with crypto abstraction? Here is an updated patch against latest CVS.

This patch is exactly what I had in mind for the crypto-abstraction
originally (but gave up on due to laziness). By all means apply it.

Or do you not have a CVS account yet? Send me your sourceforge username
if not, and I'll add you.

-Sara