Subject: libssh2 pubkey authentication with private key only

libssh2 pubkey authentication with private key only

From: Mark Riordan <mriordan_at_ipswitch.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:01:49 -0600

I am trying to figure out how to use public key authentication
in libssh2 when I only have the private key file.
It appears that libssh2 also wants the public key file.
The private key file does have enough information to reconstruct
the public portion of the key, and indeed most SSH packages
do not require the client to have both files.

Is there a way in libssh2 to derive the public key from the
private key, or otherwise make it unnecessary for the user
to have the public key file? I've been reading the doc
(and the code a bit) and haven't figured one out yet.

Thanks.

Mark R