Subject: RE: How to append to remote file?

RE: How to append to remote file?

From: Mark Riordan <mriordan_at_ipswitch.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 09:56:33 -0600

>> Is there a real remote seek or append capability?
>
> Each FXP_WRITE packet sent to the server includes the offset
> so there's no real seek operation needed.

I should have explained that I use this to resume upload
or download operations after a session has been unexpectedly
disconnected. So, I reconnect and then try to "seek" to
where I had left off. Of course, there is no real seek involved
in SSH, but I would like the ability to set the file offset
to something other than zero at the beginning of a transfer.
This, of course, would affect the embedded file offsets in
subsequent write or read operations.

Mark