Subject: Updated libssh2 benchmark results

Updated libssh2 benchmark results

From: Mark Riordan <mriordan_at_ipswitch.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:05:45 -0600

I ran a bunch more performance tests of the latest libssh2,
and some other SSH clients.
The results are here:
http://60bits.net/sni/libssh2-perf.htm

The previous results are here:
http://60bits.net/sni/libssh2-perf-0.htm

As you can see, libssh2 for some crazy reason is much slower
when uploading to Solaris than it used to be.
(I tried this many times, and it was repeatable.)

However, I'm more concerned about its mediocre upload performance
across a WAN. Presumably the difference there is due to packet
delays. I would have thought that Daniel's recent changes would
have made libssh2 competitive there.

I ran my WAN tests from home, where I'm the only one uploading any
significant amount of data. At the WAN at work, upload results were
even worse, but with many people sharing the same Internet connection,
the tests were less repeatable.

Regards,

Mark