Subject: Port to VMS; how to get changes into the main code stream?

Port to VMS; how to get changes into the main code stream?

From: Jose Baars <peut_at_peut.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:15:58 +0100

Hi,

I'm at the moment testing libssh2 on VMS. I have most examples
working now.

As make/config tools are not widely available on VMS, I made
a simple build procedure for use on VMS. As VMS systems
look far more alike than the hundreds of flavours of *ix systems
this is not a big issue, in my opinion.

I can only test against 1 of the tcp/ip stacks available on VMS, although
this is the most commonly used one.

I still have to look in to what zlib I should use, and when testing
I found that the most common SSH server on VMS has a maximum
window size of 16 Mb, giving the (here well known) message
'Bad window size in WINDOW_ADJUST' causing libssh2
to bomb out. I am not brave enough to solve that in libssh2.

Could my changes eventually be included in the main stream,
and if so, how should that be accomplished?

Regards,
Jose Baars