Subject: Re: mingw32 cross

Re: mingw32 cross

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:05:30 +0100

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> writes:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>>> Do you have any build logs available from such current failures?
>>
>> http://autobuild.josefsson.org/libssh2/
>
> Ah yes, that shows that libssh2 itself builds fine but at least one
> example fails: direct_tcpip.c is clearly not portable enough.

Yes. Maybe we can fix this, I pushed one obvious improvement now.

However, if we aren't using tools like gnulib (which will be problematic
from a licensing point of view), writing code that works both on POSIX
and Windows will be quite some work and leads to ugly example code. I
don't think it is worth it, it is better to say that an example is
intended for POSIX systems, and disable the example on non-POSIX
platforms like MinGW/Wine.

> Perhaps your autobuild could use make -k so that it'll continue and
> try the rest even if one fails?

Let's see if we can fix the code first. :-)

/Simon