Subject: Re: www.libssh2.org moved

Re: www.libssh2.org moved

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:54:32 +0200

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Sara G repointed the www.libssh2.org DNS entry to point to my server
> the other day. The former web site is no longer publicly available.
>
> I'd like to commit the entire existing web site to git to allow
> everyone to contribute to it easier. Any suggestion from a git
> experienced person on a particular approach for doing this? Would a
> separate repo for it make sense?

Yes. Some people are using separate branches for unrelated stuff, but I
would prefer not conflating the libssh2 git repository with the web page
repository -- the web pages could grow large if we want to add fancy
auto-generated code quality analysis in the future (I have some interest
in that, although I can host them on my servers..). So having them
separate makes more sense to me.

> I still want the docs shown on the site to be converted from the man
> pages so that we can make sure that the site and everyone's locally
> installed docs are in fact the same and in synch. And these docs are
> already included in every release package and daily snapshots.

+1

/Simon