Subject: [ libssh2-Bugs-2800958 ] libssh2_scp_send() does not support files >4GB

[ libssh2-Bugs-2800958 ] libssh2_scp_send() does not support files >4GB

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:14:45 +0000

This mailing list has been abandoned! Subscribe to and use the new list
instead: http://cool.haxx.se/mailman/listinfo/libssh2-devel

Bugs item #2800958, was opened at 2009-06-04 10:59
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bagder
You can respond by visiting:

not just the latest update.
Category: API
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Note: I'm using Solaris 9/10, libssh2 1.1

The 4th parameter of libssh2_scp_send() is of type size_t. With the ILP32 (default) model, size_t is 32-bits wide. That makes impossible to transfer files larger than 4GB. I've not tested the LP64 model (accessible with -m64 on Sun Studio and probably gcc), but that should work. Nevertheless, size_t is not the appropriate C type for file sizes. POSIX uses off_t, which is either long long (-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 or LP64 model) or long.

See attached patch (I've used the off_t C type, but fill free to use any 64-bit wide type).