Subject: Re: [libssh2] code style guideline proposal

Re: [libssh2] code style guideline proposal

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:34:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> thoughts? objections?

Good to see this coming up again as I too find the current style somewhat
difficult to adhere to.

Personally I don't mind tabs that much, but I want line lengths less than 80
columns.

Of course, using an 8 letter indent level makes it a lot harder to stay within
those 80 coumns. That's also a reason why the claim that "anyone can change it
to their preference" doesn't work very good. At least not if both the 2-level
and 8-level persons both want to stay within 80 columns.