Subject: Re: [libssh2] automake and friends

Re: [libssh2] automake and friends

From: Heiko Jansen <jansen_at_hbz-nrw.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:49:39 +0100

Hi *.

Am Montag, 20. November 2006 12:05 schrieb Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
[[libssh2] automake and friends]:

> I just committed a change that makes libssh2 use automake and libssh2.
> When you check out from CVS, run ./buildconf first and then ./configure
> && make as usual.
>
> If you find any quirks in this, let me know!

I just tried again to build libssh2 on
- Solaris 10 (64Bit) with
- Sun CC (cc: Sun C 5.8 2005/10/13, CC: Sun C++ 5.8 2005/10/13)
- Sun ld (ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors:
  5.10-1.482)
- GNU make 3.80
- OpenSSH 0.9.8b
- libz 1.2.3

It still didnīt quite work.

buildconf ran fine:
-- snip --
~/src/libssh2> ./buildconf
configure.in: installing `./missing'
src/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
~/src/libssh2> cd ..
~/src> diff -rq libssh2.cvs/ libssh2/
Only in libssh2/: aclocal.m4
Only in libssh2/: autom4te.cache
Only in libssh2/: config.guess
Only in libssh2/: config.sub
Only in libssh2/: configure
Only in libssh2/: depcomp
Only in libssh2/: ltmain.sh
Only in libssh2/: Makefile.in
Only in libssh2/: missing
Only in libssh2/src: libssh2_config.h.in
Only in libssh2/src: Makefile.in
-- /snip --

configure also worked (see attached file) but make did not.

It first failed when trying to build ssh2_sample.c due (see attached make
output). This was due to a missing include path which was easily fixed:
-- snip --
~/src/libssh2> diff Makefile~ Makefile
112c112
< CFLAGS = -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -xarch=v9b -mt -D_REENTRANT -D_NDEBUG
-I/digibib/tools/include -I/digibib/tools/include -I/digibib/tools/include

---
> CFLAGS = -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -xarch=v9b -mt -D_REENTRANT -D_NDEBUG
-I/digibib/tools/include -I/digibib/tools/include -Iinclude
-- / snip --
Afterwards another error popped up (see attached file make_output_2.txt)
which I cannot resolve on my own.
regards
heiko