Subject: Re: [libssh2] Introduction, plans, and some pkg-config problems

Re: [libssh2] Introduction, plans, and some pkg-config problems

From: James Housley <jim_at_thehousleys.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:42:08 -0500

On Nov 16, 2006, at 1:36 PM, Mike Blaguszewski wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2006, at 11:28 AM, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> Hello everyone! I'm attempting to port libssh2 to use libgcrypt
>> instead of OpenSSL.
> While I agree that adding support for libgcrypt would be nice, I'd
> really prefer that it didn't replace the existing OpenSSL
> dependency. I use libssh2 in a Mac OS X environment, where OpenSSL
> comes already installed. The GNU version would be another
> dependency I'd have to build and ship with my app. The fact that
> it's LGPL will also require bundling a dynamic library, whereas
> libssh2 can currently be static-linked.
> Perhaps a generic crypto interface is in order, so we could choose
> the library at compile time?

I agree that converting would be very bad, but adding the ability to
choose is good.

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  .
  X  - NO Word docs in e-mail .
jeh@FreeBSD.org      http://www.FreeBSD.org     The Power to Serve
jim@TheHousleys.Net  http://www.TheHousleys.net
Progress (n) : What led from smart users in front of dumb terminals to
dumb users in front of smart terminals.
libssh2-devel mailing list