Subject: [libssh2] libtool and automake?

[libssh2] libtool and automake?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:46:26 +0100 (CET)

I want to fix libssh2 in these aspects:

  - build shared libs on virtually all posix systems

  - install both shared and static libs on make install (if both are built)

The first point is very easily done using libtool (and frankly, a lot of hard
work if done without it). But in order to use libtool, we're more or less
forced to also use automake. So, would anyone object if I made the transition
to use these tools?

The second point comes automatically if we use libtool and automake, but can
of course easily be made even without them.

libssh2-devel mailing list