Subject: [libssh2] source code formatting

[libssh2] source code formatting

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:43:33 +0100 (CET)

Since I've just started getting my feet wet wading around in this code and I
even got my first patch applied and committed by James, I now feel brave
enough to ask this:

         How about re-indenting the entire source code?

I find the source code very awkward to work with, very much because of the
overly long source lines. I come from a world where we limit source code lines
to less than 80 columns, and this code has lines going beyond 200 columns and
many many being longer than 80.

I know source code indenting is a religious thing and basically about feelings
and what you're used to, but I thought I'd still ask since I do feel pain when
reading code using the current layout. I'm fine with whatever indent rules you
want otherwise, I just can't bare the line lengths.

I am planning on doing further work on libssh2, and I wouldn't mind paving the
road for that. I also wouldn't mind getting CVS commit access, but I figure I
should wait a little and prove myself worthy first.

libssh2-devel mailing list